[dali-dev] DB Vendor repository

Hi,

In our SAP Netweaver Developer Studio (IDE based on Eclipse) we are using special kind of projects called Java Dictionary projects, which are representing a DB schema and there is a DTP bridge allowing JPA enabled projects to connect to Java Dictionary projects just like they connect to some DB. Seems that we have some issues there related to the folding strategy. We are not able to override the folder strategy, because it comes from the DB vendor. Since Java Dictionary projects are proprietary technology of SAP they are not recognized by the framework and org.eclipse.jpt.db.internal.vendor.VendorRepository class () doesn’t recognize them and the method getVendor(Java Dictionary) returns an instance of org.eclipse.jpt.db.internal.vendor.UnrecognizedVendor, which provides the default folding strategy. From what I see it’s not possible for an adopter to register some additional custom vendor. Am I missing something here or perhaps I should use another approach to that problem. We need to override somehow the default folding strategy!

Please, share some ideas!

Best wishes!
Stefan Dimov

Back to the top