Re: [dali-dev] Default entity's data access

Dmitry,

>From the spec section 2.3.1:
    It is an error if a default access type cannot be determined and an access type is not explicitly specified
    by means of annotations or the XML descriptor.

We chose to have a default access where there are no annotations in java and an access type is not set in the XML so that the user would be able to see and map attributes in the JPA Structure view. EclipseLink as the reference implementation uses FIELD as the default so we picked FIELD. I think we should have an error or a warning in this case on the Generic platform since the spec says it is an error.. The EclipseLink platform would not have an error. The Hibernate platform could make the default PROPERTY and not have an error. I have entered bug 317848

Thanks,
Karen

On 6/24/2010 5:14 AM, Dmitry Geraskov wrote:
Hi, guys,

I noticed that default data access for entity's data is "field" when I make orm.xml mapping.
At least JPA Details view says me this(see attachment). Is it mentioned somewhere in jpa specification or somewhere else?
I ask because Hibernate implementation uses "property" as default entity's data access.

Thanks,
Dmitry Geraskov.