Re: [dali-dev] jpt core plugin load problem

Hey Max,

You shouldn't have bumped into any "public" API changes, since all of our API was prominently marked as provisional in 2.1. It turned out that was a good thing since we required some fairly major changes to support entities in JAR's, among some other things.

We don't have a migration guide for the provisional API changes, and instead will provide migration help as needed for adopters. This help will then be archived in a central location for future migrations. We do need to document some fundamental changes, such as the minor changes made to the platform extension point. This will be documented on the Dali wiki and linked from the http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Help_for_Old_Friends_IV document. The location will contain the link to all Dali migration related material.

I will send out an email once this info has been posted (in the next day or so). For now, please post your migration related questions to the newsgroup. If you don't get a quick response there, notify on the mailing list.

Neil

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
Hi Neil,

We will check again with a latest I-build.

Another related question, do we have a API migration guide

from Dali in Eclipse 3.4 to Dali in Eclipse 3.5 ?

We bumped into what we believe are rather big public API changes
but before reporting bugs about it I would like to verify I didn't
miss some memo about them;)

/max

Neil Hauge wrote:
Dmitry, I'm not sure what this test would accomplish, since I checked the configuration details and verified that Eclipse was running with 1.5. I can give it a try though since anything is possible.

Neil

Dmitry Geraskov wrote:
Neil, can you check if it loads under JDK 1.5 when JDK 1.6 was not installed on the machine (may be a problem only for Windows OS)?

Neil Hauge wrote:
Correction - everything loads fine under JDK *1.5* for me and others.

Neil

Neil Hauge wrote:
No. I'm not sure what problem Dmitry was encountering, but from what I see there is no 1.6 dependency. Everything loads fine under 1.6 for me and others.

Neil

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
To rephrase:

Is JDK 6 required for Dali under Eclipse 3.5 ?

I didn't think Galileo were "upgraded" to Java 6 yet since that would
prevent Eclipse from running on Mac 32-bit machines.

/max

Dmitry Geraskov wrote:
Yes, it is,
I've installed jdk 1.6 and your plugin was loaded successfully

Dmitry Geraskov wrote:
Hi, guys,

I have a problem with moving our plugins to eclipse 3.5. I unpacked:
eclipse-SDK-3.5M6-win32,
wtp-sdk-S-3.1M6-20090318020101

and run eclipse. In the loaded plugins I don't see org.eclipse.jpt.core(but see org.eclipse.jpt.utility). My plugin which uses the jar shows error in manifest.mf. I've tried to use update site and sow the same situation. I guess may be the problem that I haven't jdk 1.6 installed, but I should not need it. My colleague shared for me his eclipse (he haven't this problem) but I faced the same problem. I am going to install jdk 1.6 and check my assumption, but you need to know about this problem.

I am using Windows XP SP2.