Re: [dali-dev] boolean getter method

Title: boolean getter method
Actually, I take that back.  I don't think we've done that for (big B) Boolean attributes.  Only (small b) boolean attributes.

- Paul

Paul Fullbright wrote:
My understanding is that for boolean (and Boolean) attributes, either "is" *or* "get" is acceptable.  We've always analyzed and generated code (to my recollection) with this understanding.

- Paul

Dimov, Stefan wrote:

Hi,

I've read some discussions about the signature of the accessor methods of an entity and I'm not certain if a getter with prefix 'get' is valid (in addition to the 'is' prefix). The EJB specification is also unclear (in my opinion) about this:

"… In this case, for every persistent property property of type T of the entity, there is a getter method, get-
Property, and setter method setProperty. For boolean properties, isProperty is an alternative name for
the getter method. …"

In other words, my question is:

For the getter method of an entity attributes of type 'boolean' is the only valid prefix 'is'  or the 'get' prefix is also allowed?

Best wishes!
Stefan Dimov

Paul Fullbright
Eclipse Java Persistence Tools (Dali) Development
Oracle