Re: [dali-dev] proposed API changes

Hi Brian,

It's great to see some of these tricky bugs being addressed. The proposed changes look fine; none of the API changes affect my usage.

Thanks
Tom

Brian Vosburgh wrote:
Concerned parties:

I am working on changes to Dali that should fix, or at least ameliorate, the following bugs

    223418  AbstractJavaResourcePersistentMember NPE
    225655  NPE change type of an attribute
    225885  Editing annotations with property access is broken
    227186  property access: annotations can be placed on the wrong method

Unfortunately, the changes require a number of API changes. : ( This is because I am removing most of the Dali references to the JDT model (IType, IField, IMethod, etc.) and replacing them with primitive representations (e.g. name, occurrence, parameter type names). The current state of my changes are in a patch to HEAD attached to bug 225885.

Releasing the patch is not a done deal. One thing affecting our decision to release is the amount of pain the necessary API changes incur. Below is list of the changes I have made. Please review them and let us know whether any of the changes will cause you grief. Maybe we can help you with workarounds or better ways to accomplish what you want to do.

Thanks.
Brian

o.e.jpt.core
    JpaProject
        annotatedClasses() - removed - replaced by annotatedClassNames()
        annotatedClassNames() - added
    resource.java
        JavaResourceNode
getAnnotationProvider() - removed - moved to JpaCompilationUnit getModifySharedDocumentCommandExecutorProvider() - removed - moved to JpaCompilationUnit
        JavaResourcePersistentMember
isFor(IMember) - removed - replaced by isFor(MethodSignature, int) and isFor(String, int)
            isFor(MethodSignature, int) - added
            isFor(String, int) - added
        JpaCompilationUnit
            PERSISTENT_TYPE_PROPERTY - added
            getAnnotationProvider() - added
            getModifySharedDocumentCommandExecutorProvider() - added
    utility.jdt
        FieldAttribute
            getBodyDeclaration(CompilationUnit) - covariant override
        Member
            getAstRoot() - removed - unused
wraps(IMember) - removed - replaced by matches(String, int) and MethodAttribute#matches(MethodSignature, int)
            isPersistable(CompilationUnit) - added
            matches(String, int) - added
        MethodAttribute
            getBodyDeclaration(CompilationUnit) - covariant override
            matches(MethodSignature, int) - added
        Type
            getFields(CompilationUnit) - added
            getMethods(CompilationUnit) - added
            getTypes(CompilationUnit) - added
            jdtFields() - removed - replaced by getFields(CompilationUnit)
jdtMethods() - removed - replaced by getMethods(CompilationUnit)
            jdtTypes() - removed - replaced by getTypes(CompilationUnit)
o.e.jpt.utility
    MethodSignature - added
    CommandExecutorProvider.Default - added