[dali-dev] default schema in orm.xml?

Hi Neil,

Awhile back we were talking about the best way to set the default schema and you mentioned: "The persistence-unit-default schema setting defines the schema to be used when it is not otherwise specified for the entire persistence unit. I don't think that setting the schema through the vendor specific properties is the way to go. I'll try to confirm that orm.xml method does indeed work as expected on TopLink Essentials."

Did you (or anyone else on the list) ever get a chance to verify this? My thoughts were the same as yours, but I said that this was not working on OpenJPA. I asked on one of the mailing list and someone responded that they thought using the provider-specific property was indeed the way to go, because what if you you had multiple orm.xml files: which schema definition would be the right default one?

So I'm still a bit unsure - it still seems to me that using the provider-specific properties is a bit limiting, since that ties you to a specific platform, and the default schema really is not platform-specific at all.

-Tom

Back to the top