Re: [dali-dev] CVS Clean-up

Since there were no objections, the CVS clean-up has been completed:

org.eclipse.jpa
  /features
  /plugins
  /tests

contents have been moved to org.eclipse.jpa/archive, and have been versioned off with HEAD contents deleted.

*.jst.jpa.* and *.jpa.* projects have been deleted from CVS. Final project contents have been zipped up and placed in the archive directory (just in case).

Our CVS home should now be easy to browse for committers and non-committers.

Neil

Neil Hauge wrote:

As part of our post-release work, I have started doing some clean-up in CVS. Everything under org.eclipse.jpa except for the components directory has been archived. More specifically:

org.eclipse.jpa
   /features
   /plugins
   /tests

have been archived but have project stubs to allow re-loading of the final versions and history of this 0.5 code.

The next step is to deal with the *.jst.jpa.* and *.jpa.* projects. From our previous discussions, it would seem that this pre-renamed code doesn't provide us with much value at this point in terms of history, etc. It does on the other hand provide lots of confusion when looking at CVS, even for committers. :) So, unless there are any objections at this point, and please speak up if you do object or think we should wait longer, I propose that we go ahead and delete both of these dead streams from CVS without a versioned stub.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if there are objections, and if not I'll go ahead and delete this code and follow up with an email.

Thanks,
Neil