Re: [dali-dev] getting list of mapping files

* lands thread, gets all passengers off, reroutes thread *

Hi Leonard,

1) You are using the intended mechanism to retrieve all mapping files. In this case you are retrieving all jpa files of the "orm" content type. Due to WTP constraints (which I beleive they addressed late in the cycle, too late for *us* to address) we could only register orm content with a file name, "orm.xml". So currently, only files named "orm.xml" are being retrieved, a limitation which can probably be loosened in future releases. Are there files named "orm.xml" that you're not getting returned?

2) Yes, we're still shaking out exceptions like this, so if you have a particular situation that's reproducible, we always appreciate bugs being logged. If small projects can be attached to the bug, even better.

--
Paul Fullbright
Oracle Corp.

Leonard Theivendra wrote:
Hi Neil/etc, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a couple of related questions:

1) What is the best way to acquire a list of all valid orm mapping files in the project? I.e. something similar to jpaProject.getPlatform().validPersistenceXmlFiles(). I've been using jpaProject.jpaFiles(JptCorePlugin.ORM_XML_CONTENT_TYPE) but it only seems to always return META-INF\orm.xml and doesn't include other orm files in META-INF or other places.

2) I've noticed that sometimes when bean classes get refactored (moved, changed in name), exceptions occur during jpa model re-synchs like below... at least on the RC0 based driver I'm using. Not sure if this is known or a bugzilla needs to be opened? Wondering if it's timing issues where things go into an inconsistent state for a while when JDT is doing it's temparory shuffling-around work for renames or moves.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Java Model Exception: Java Model Status [TestBean.java [in com.test [in src [in JPA1]]] does not exist] at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.content.java.JavaPersistentType.superclassTypeSignature(
JavaPersistentType.java:872)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.content.java.JavaPersistentType.refreshParentPersistentType(
JavaPersistentType.java:918)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.content.java.JavaPersistentType.refreshDefaults(
JavaPersistentType.java:914)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.JavaTypeContext.refreshDefaults(
JavaTypeContext.java:57)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.JavaEntityContext.refreshDefaults(
JavaEntityContext.java:120)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.XmlTypeContext.refreshDefaults(
XmlTypeContext.java:206)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.MappingFileContext.refreshDefaults(
MappingFileContext.java:98)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.PersistenceUnitContext.refreshDefaults(
PersistenceUnitContext.java:241)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.BaseJpaProjectContext.refreshDefaults(
BaseJpaProjectContext.java:158)
at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.BaseJpaProjectContext.refreshDefaults(
BaseJpaProjectContext.java:151)
        at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.BaseJpaPlatform.resynch(
BaseJpaPlatform.java:201)
        at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.JpaProject$1.run(
JpaProject.java:176)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Thanks,
Len.

Leonard Theivendra
Websphere / IBM Software Solutions Toronto
email: theivend@xxxxxxxxxx
tel: (905) 413-3777  tie: 969-3777
fax: (905) 413-4920

Back to the top