[dali-dev] how do I generate entities from a different schema

Hi there,

I am now using the latest Dali driver from WTP M5. Nice. This may have already been mentioned, but one thing I'm wondering about that differs from the 0.5 driver though - how do I select which schema is used for my connection when generating entities? There used to be a drop-down where I could select a schema when generating my entities. It now looks like it is trying to get the schema for the logged-in user. This is causing an NPE (which I will file a bug for) if such a schema does not exist:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jst.jpa.ui.wizards.GenerateEntitiesWizard.getPossibleTables(GenerateEntitiesWizard.java:108) at org.eclipse.jst.jpa.ui.wizards.GenerateEntitiesWizardPage.createControl(GenerateEntitiesWizardPage.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:259)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:514)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:426)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1111)
at org.eclipse.jst.jpa.ui.actions.GenerateEntitiesAction.execute(GenerateEntitiesAction.java:60)

I'm not concerned about that; but my question is how can I create a connection with one user, say DB2ADMIN, and then generate entities from schema TOM? I tried setting the schema in the orm.xml, but it doesn't seem to be picked up. What is the correct mechanism to do this now? Should it be looking in the orm.xml?

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top