[dali-dev] JPQL query generation?

Hi all,

Is there any way to assist in generating queries (using Java Persistence Query Language) in Dali? For example, is there any visual query builder that can generate a JPQL query? I know the Data Tools Platform provides a visual SQL Builder. It might be nice if there was something similar that Dali could use. For example, someone who doesn't know much SQL but wants to "retrieve all Departments containing Employees with at least 5 years of experience". I know that JPA can also be used with SQL Queries, so maybe that would be the recommended advice for such a user - to use the SQL Query Builder and then supply that query to the EntityManager. How hard would it be for Dali to reuse the SQL Builder to have it generate JPQL instead?

Thanks
Tom

Back to the top