RE: [dali-dev] Changes to CVS directory structure

Just a tip ... I've sometimes used ... if it would help avoid confusion.
You can "version off" the old project, with a tag such as "vyyyymmdd_finalVersion"  then, delelete everthing in your local copy, except the .project file (perhaps simplified to be "simple project")
and one file, named something like archive.txt, and in that txt file put a description of the current status ... such as
 "moved to <abcd> but left here to keep the history of the files before the move. You can load the
 vyyyymmdd_finalVersion to see the final state and/or get history from there".
They you can commit this "nearly deleted" version in head.

That way, if someone absent-mindedly loads the old version, it'd be more obvious that was no longer the
correct version to be actively working with.

(just don't use "obsolele.txt" as the remaining file name, as that is, by convention, a marker meaning its ok
to remove that project from cvs).

Just a suggestion.

Neil Hauge <NEIL.HAUGE@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/20/2006 09:01 AM

Please respond to
"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion." <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion." <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [dali-dev] Changes to CVS directory structure

 All,

As of Friday night this change is complete.  Please attach to the new structure as of this (Monday) morning.  Please do not check in new changes to old plugin structure.  The old base will be left in tact for a while for History purposes, as we lost some history in the move (from the core plugins).

Let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions...Thanks,

Neil

From Trân Lê <tran.le@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent Fri 11/10/2006 6:55 PM
To General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion. <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject [dali-dev] Changes to CVS directory structure

With the move to WTP Builder R2.0, we are required to change the Dali CVS directory structure to a multi-components structure type.

Following is the layout of the new directory structure in CVS.

org.eclipse.jpa
   components

       assembly
           features
      (features used by the build)
               org.eclipse.jpa.feature
               org.eclipse.jpa.sdk
               org.eclipse.jpa.tests.feature
           plugins        (branding plugin)
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa

       jpa
           development    (design and development notes)
           features            (development features)
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.feature
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.tests.feature
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa_sdk.feature
           plugins             (development plugins)
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.utility
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.db
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.core
               org.eclipse.jst.jpa.core.java