Re: [dali-dev] Latest non-compiling check-in

It's hard to say. As a group, they're still focused on 1.5.1, but individual plugins have been refocused towards 2.0, ours included (even though we're still not bundled in with WTP proper). Obviously, the 1.5 branch's focus is all 1.5.1.

At any rate, I doubt that you'd want to do anything substantial with the WTP 2.0 targeted Dali stream (our 1.0) any time really soon. We're refactoring a number of things to accommodate the new XML functionality (plus WTP features like facets and runtimes), and we're doing that mainly by "bringing things over" from our 0.5 stream, bit by bit, so there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been brought over yet. Eventually, 1.0 will be fully featured, but right now it's more of a workshop table with bits and parts lying around. It'll all get put together nicely in the end, though. :)

- Paul

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
nice. is wtp head targeted for wtp 2 or wtp 1.5.x ?

i'm fearing it is wtp 2 meaning i won't really be able to bundle dali in the
near future with the hibernate tools plugins.

/max

Right now, it only adds the JPA facet to the project, which enables JPA UI support within the project. Soonish, adding the facet will also add the generic JPA library (a user preference, similar to XDoclet) to the project classpath, and eventually, we'll have JPA support in "runtimes" such that each runtime will add its own JPA library to the project classpath (be it an enterprise runtime or an SE "runtime" such as Hibernate or TopLink Essentials, etc.) Also, eventually, adding the JPA facet will add other project artifacts, such as persistence.xml or orm.xml.

- Paul

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

ok - what does a "new JPA Project wizard" do ?

(i'm mostly interested in what libraries it uses/setup)

/max

All,

I just checked in some code that does not compile unless you are working off of the WTP tip. It's fine if you're not (I'm pretty sure), since the offending class is only involved with the new JPA Project wizard. If you don't wish to work off the tip, you may still work off of the latest 1.5.1 build as long as you don't create JPA Projects by using this particular wizard. You can still create JPA Projects by using the Utility Project wizard and choosing the "Utility JPA project with Java 5.0" config or by simply adding the JPA facet.

- Paul

----
Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen