[dali-dev] Edit layer

FYI,

I checked in a change to the fledgling "rewrite". I also completely deleted the "edit" plugin. After some cross-talk I had today with Ed Merks, I may have had an epiphany moment: I don't think we need the edit plugin at all.

I think we can make use of EMF's edit *layer*, but I don't think we need to use the code that's generated for us. I was able to get the properties view to update simply by creating a basic Adapter (the listener) and adding that to the object-in-question's eAdapters(). Those adapters are notified whenever the model object changes anything. I also removed the EditingDomain object and replaced that with a BasicCommandStack, which is all we really need in order to update the object from the UI.

That leaves the outline view. I'm working on that, but I think we can make do with a very simple tree and label provider. Why we really need an "InheritanceItemProvider" I'm not sure. Not sure at all.

- Paul

Back to the top