Re: [dali-dev] EMF binding/selection committed

Hi Markus,

After further investigation, I don't think I understand how the ISelectionDispatcher is supposed to work. Tak the use case I gave earlier

@Entity
public class Employee {
 private Collection<Address> address;
}

and make address a one-to-many through the Persistence Properties view. In this situation, the selection occured when I selected the address attribute in the java editor. At this point the address mapping was an InvalidMapping, so the SelectionDispatcher stored that information. When I selected One to Many as the mapping type through the Persistence Properties view, the MultiRelationshipComposite is built and along with it the OrderByComposite. The OrderByComposite creates the EMFSWTBinding and in that constructor the call to dispatcher.getCurrentSelection is made. The SelectionDispatcher only has information about the selection when the attribute was an InvalidMapping, not in its current state as a OneToManyMapping, because a new selection did not occur. How is this expected to work?

Karen

Back to the top