Re: [dali-dev] EMF binding/selection committed

Karen Moore wrote:
I hit the exact same problem even if I set up the 1-many in a valid case

@Entity
public class Employee {
  private Collection<Address> address;
}

And I tend to disagree with the idea of limiting the user, especially since they can type whatever they want into the code and we have to handle that.

Karen

Hi,

I feel like this is a different kind of problem. I agree that the binding should work if the annotation is valid and our emf model contains a corresponding eobj. On the other hand i disagree with invalid annotations. Surely we have to handle the case that the user types an invalid annotation into the editor, but I don't think we should show the composite for the annotation. Instead we should show something like "not a valid annotation...". And for combos (choice points) we should limit the choices to valid ones. Otherwise its just confusing for the user.

Markus Kuppe

Versant GmbH, European Headquarters
Wiesenkamp 22b, 22359 Hamburg, Germany
+49(40)60990-215, http://www.versant.com