Re: [dali-dev] EMF binding/selection committed

Markus,
I'm trying to implement an EMFBindingAction for MultiRelationshipMapping.mappedBy. The problem I hit is when the EMFSWTBinding is created it calls ISelectionDispatcher.getCurrentSelection(EClass). The selection it is looking for is a OneToManyMapping, but the EClass is a MultiRelationshipMapping which is a superType of OneToManyMapping. Any ideas on how we should handle this case?

thanks,
Karen

Karen Moore wrote:

Markus,
How should selection be working at this point? Does selection in the java editor cause both the persistence properties and the persitsence outline view to update or is the persistence properties view still dependent on the outline view? In BasicMappingCompositeTest.setup() it tries to set the selection in the persistence outline to be a particular persistentAttribute. If you put a delay(5000) in after that call, you'll see in the UI that the outline view looks like it is selected, but not in focus. This is not updating the persistence properties hence the ClassCastException later when you try to get the MappingComposite, but the PersistentTypeComposite is still selected in the properties view. I guess I am not sure how this is supposed to be working at this point, but maybe this will help you to fix the problem. Let me know if I can help more with it.

Karen

Markus Kuppe wrote:

Markus Kuppe wrote:

Karen Moore wrote:

Markus,

There are compile errors in the org.eclipse.dali.ui.tests plugin. Do you have the 3 test projcts checked out from cvs and do they pass with the binding changes? I will hopefully be sending feedback about the framework later today.

thanks,
Karen

Hi,

I'm working on it right now. Consider it done.

Hi,
I fixed the problem. The code compiles again. However there are still a few ClassCastExceptions. Karen can you have a look at this please?