Re: [dali-dev] Questions regarding WTP project merge

Max,

Dali will be one or more Features which means it can be separately installed. You'll need to split it into at least 2 Features if you want to address JDT users, i.e. J2SE. FYI, there is a similar need for Web services. The latest specs define how to be a Web service client in a J2SE runtime. It makes sense to define Features that can be used in J2SE contexts. Perhaps there would be a core Feature and two other Features that use it, one for Java projects and one for Web projects.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

"Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/27/2006 11:51 AM

Please respond to
"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion." <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion." <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, neil.hauge@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [dali-dev] Questions regarding WTP project merge

> There will be some additional dependencies as Dali gets aligned with the
> WTP architecture. For example, now Dali has a menu command to add
> persistence to a project. The WTP way to do this is to use Facets.

The problem with this one is that apparently there is not a good way of
adding
a facet to a pure java project.

> I don't understand what it means to "Run Dali as a standalone
> application". Do you mean the tool or the applications it generates? If
> you mean the tool, please explain. Thx.

I think many users want to use Dali without having to download the full
WTP.

/max

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen