Re: [dali-dev] Questions regarding WTP project merge

Markus,

I'll answer these questions based on my current understanding of how this will work. Arthur may be able to further clarify on a couple of these.

- Is Dali to become a subproject of WTP with its own project lead?
Dali will become either a subproject of the WTP with its own lead OR a component under the JST with a component lead. The WTP PMC, with input from us, will probably decide what makes the most sense.

- What does this step mean for the code? Will it result in more code dependencies and requirements (for example will it be possible to use Dali outside of a container context. Afaik WTP relies on a container all the time)? This move will not change our core requirements. We will still provide support for outside the container contexts. It should not increase our dependencies, as we already are and plan to be dependent on a number of WTP components and frameworks. Many of the WTP components do not rely on container specific functionality. The XML component would be a good example of something that could be used in any environment.

- Will it still be possible to run Dali as a standalone application?
Yes, it would still be possible to run Dali as a standalone application (WTP components would be a packaged pre-req)

- Is our project road map (task priorities/features/...) going to change?
No, not specifically related to the move. As our exposure to the Eclipse community grows, different inputs may result in these types of changes, but this is an expected part of the iterative nature of the project.

Neil Hauge

Markus Kuppe wrote:

Hi,

after yesterdays conference calls several questions arose regarding the project merge into the WTP in the next months.
- Is Dali to become a subproject of WTP with its own project lead?
- What does this step mean for the code? Will it result in more code dependencies and requirements (for example will it be possible to use Dali outside of a container context. Afaik WTP relies on a container all the time)?
- Will it still be possible to run Dali as a standalone application?
- Is our project road map (task priorities/features/...) going to change?

Back to the top