[dali-dev] Dali M2 planning meeting summary

Summary from today's M2 planning meeting 15:00-17:00UTC:
(A follow up meeting will be held later this week or early next week to finalize the plan for M2)

Attendees: Neil Hauge, Paul Fullbright, Karen Moore, Brian Vosburgh, Tran Le, Markus Kuppe, Christian Ernst, Dirk Le Roux, Shaun Smith

Iteration 2 - M1 Review

Completed
-    DDL gen
-    Optional attribute
-    Add tab for join table, scrolling problem; may want to start looking at WTP Tabbed property panes
-    First iteration of icons
-    Complete AccessType work in UI for annotations
-    Entity generation from Table – phase 1
-    Support for inheritance defaults
-    Class Renaming/Refactoring

Almost completed
-    Automated build
-    EMF UI binding

Started
-    persistence.xml support
    o    work with Shaun to confirm functionality
    o    part of project creation options
    o    could keep list of entities
    o    could support open properties
-    Refactoring (Christian-Markus, Karen, Brian (consulting)) – Entire iteration
    o    Adapter optimization (where possible, ie OrderBy)
    o    Follow Eclipse UI Guidelines where reasonable
    o    Perhaps migrating tests to core as a part of this process – 30%
    o    Insure all interfaces are commented

Not started
-    Cascade Array types (6 days)
-    EMF’izing of our model – use EMF adapter concept; define methods here

Projected Milestone 2: April 14, 2006

Feature Priority:

High

-    Automated build
-    EMF UI binding
-    persistence.xml support
-    Entities from table - phase 2
    o    Entity gen needs to be able to specify a source folder
-    Complete sequence support – config + usability
-    Support multiple JoinColumns for association mappings
-    Support for IdClass, EmbeddedID
-    Extensions/prototypes
-    Migrate to 3.2/1.5

Medium
-    Support for Inheritance (staged approach) Single Table inheritance first

Low
-    Cascade
-    Generator Library

Initial Projected Milestone Goals:

-    Support for Inheritance
-    Support for IdClass, EmbeddedID
-    Support multiple JoinColumns for association mappings
-    Callbacks support
-    Generator Library
-    Text based support for query entry
-    Extension investigation/refactoring/prototyping

Target Compatibility: Eclipse 3.2M6, WTP1.5M6

Other Backlog
-    Annotation Value completion (Dependency on APT)
-    Enhanced outline view (quick view of entity config)
-    Usability enhancements
-    Integration with Java refactoring
          o    Quick fixes
          o    Text markers

We are planning on posting the M1 build Thursday or Friday of this week.

Neil

Neil Hauge wrote:
Web conference details:

Conference ID: 39367414

Neil

Neil Hauge wrote:

The meeting time is confirmed - Tuesday, March 14th at 15:00UTC-17:00UTC.

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

I thought I could make it, but will got another concurrent conf call at  this time.

I might drop in for a few moments - assuming the date and time is still  march 14th at 15 UTC.

/max

All,

I would like to propose a Dali M2 planning meeting for Tuesday, March  14th at 15:00UTC-17:00UTC
(10am-12pm EST).

Agenda:
- Review items completed and not completed in M1
- Review current feature backlog and determine priorities
- Reset goals for M2 based on required work effort and new priorities

Milestone plan: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Dali_Project

Meeting ID: 444302
Pass: 444302
MeetingPlace Access Numbers: