Re: [dali-dev] refactorings

Paul Fullbright wrote:
OR

We could have one view with outline and properties together, if they're intended to work together anyway.

Karen Moore wrote:
Markus,

I am not sure that bug 128879 is really a bug, it is as designed.  That's
certainly up for discussion though since I think one could probably make the case for only showing the Persistence Properties View. I originally linked the Persistence Properties View with the Persistence
Outline View so that you could choose whether you wanted the Persistence
Outline View to be linked with the Editor (see the "Link with Editor"
button). If you unselect this button you could be viewing one thing in the outline and properties view while editing somewhere else in the file. One
option is that we could also have a "Link with Editor" button on the
Persistence Properties View, but that doesn't seem to make much sense to me if it is also supposed to be linked with the outline view. We can discuss
this more in the meeting, just wanted to explain my original thought
process.

Karen

Hi,

I still think different views should work independent of each other. There are certainly views that interact with each other, however they can and should work independently from each other. In case we want to display the old element in the PropertiesPersistenceView while editing a different element in the editor, we need the "Link with Editor" button in the PersistencePropertiesView as well.

Bye
Markus

Back to the top