[dali-dev] Test plugins

All,

I've scoured the cvs servers, and I can find no real "convention" on test plugin naming, therefore, I suggest that we follow the following pattern that I *have* seen in several cases.

Plugins:
   org.eclipse.dali (for future 'skeleton' plugin information)
   org.eclipse.dali.core
   org.eclipse.dali.db
   org.eclipse.dali.edit
   org.eclipse.dali.ui
   org.eclipse.dali.utility

Tests:
   org.eclipse.dali.tests (can run all below tests from one suite)
   org.eclipse.dali.core.tests
   org.eclipse.dali.db.tests (if needed)
   org.eclipse.dali.edit.tests (probably not needed)
   org.eclipse.dali.ui.tests
org.eclipse.dali.utility.tests (can pull existing utility tests into here)

In addition, most WTP components keep their tests in a "tests" folder parallel to their "plugins" folder. We have the plugins folder, but no tests folder. I think that should be created and tests moved there.

Any thoughts or discussion on this?

- Paul

Back to the top