RE: [cosmos-dev] RE: updated sdd registry schema

+1 for Ed's suggestions

-----Original Message-----
From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jason Losh
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:14 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: [cosmos-dev] RE: updated sdd registry schema

Hi Ed,

Good suggestion to make the path in $HOME a hidden directory.

Also, when I consulted the FHS standard there is a caveat to the
"Applications must not generally add directories to the top level of
var" recommendation such that if the data is applicable system wide then
it may be appropriate to add it to the top level.

However, given we are just trying to get this off the ground and can
later change the path if desired, I am okay with putting it in
/var/lib/sdd.

Cheers,
-Jason