RE: [cosmos-dev] RE: Design process

Yes, I don't think we had come up with a set process there before.  In thinking about this some more, I think I was just making up what it perhaps should be going forward. :-)

In the past we've had a big design review call for each iteration.  During the call we provided feedback to the designer, who would later go back to make adjustments per the feedback.  In most cases, we never had a 2nd review by anyone to confirm that the corrected design was kosher.  I'd be interested to know how TPTP handled this process.

Perhaps this would make for a good arch call or community call topic for us to settle on a more explicit process, and as a result of that discussion, improve the dev process wiki page.

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Jason wrote on 05/19/2008 09:48:05 AM:

> Hi David,

> Sounds good.  We will go through the current process and offer any feedback.  I
> think adding this level of detail to the required steps per iteration section of
> the dev process wiki would help

> http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_dev_process#Required_steps_per_iteration:
>
> In particular under item 1, bullet three the statement reads roughly that … the
> community will review designs associated with ERs being considered for an iteration.

> That made sense to me, but wasn't clear from reading that bullet was who ultimately
> signs off on the design and the process for that signoff.

> Cheers,
> -Jason

Back to the top