[cosmos-dev] Security scope from a CA perspective - Summit agenda item from CA

All,

This is in reference to the Security capabilities we need for CA from COSMOS 1.0.  We need a simple implementation that supports authentication ONLY (no authorization, encryption is nice to have).  One of our initial adopter products has a web service that needs three parameters: login, password, and the (graph) query string.

Since COSMOS does not have any security today whatsoever, we need to find a way to pass on the login / password from the COSMOS client (and possibly the webUI) to the MDR’s web service.

There is NO need to deal with any roles / authorization at this point; I state this explicitly to narrowly define the scope of our initial implementation.  Encryption, while NOT required by the CA product, would be nice to have, assuming it does not add significant time to the implementation.

Now some 64 million dollar questions: Do we need Higgins for this limited implementation?  Given our timeframes, should we do a simple / custom authentication implementation for now, and bring in Higgins later when we have elaborate security requirements?  Does anyone have any elaborate requirements at this juncture?  Is Higgins designed for such a simple Security implementation, or using Higgins for this purpose would be like swatting a fly with a tactical nuke?  Has anyone utilized Higgins for a similar scenario in conjunction with another open source (or corporate) project?

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

Cell   +1-609-635-1703