[cosmos-dev] RE: Solicitiing opinion (bug 229795)

This is a discussion related to bug 229795. We discussed the solution in the DC call as well. Here is the latest proposal.

This bug is to provide the ability to register a data manager with the broker. (We had a command to register ALL data managers with the broker in i10.) One further requirement is that the data manager may be a non-COSMOS MDR or federating CMDB.

We will have two new commands - one for registering a COSMOS data manager, and one for registering a group of web serivces (e.g. a non-COSMOS MDR). For the first command, we assume it's an axis2 web service and a service finder service is also installed on the same server.

broker registerDataManager <data manager name> [service finder epr]

For the case of registering non-COSMOS services, we may not have service finder service. The command can look like this:

broker registerServiceGroup <group name> [URL to WSDL1] [URL to WSDL2] ...

<group name> is the a name given to the group of services, which is equivalent to the data manager name.
Then we accept a list of URLs to WSDL of web services. From each WSDL, get the target namespace and the service EPR.

Here is an alternative to the command above. The previous one was in favor during the DC call.
broker registerServiceGroup <group name> [EPR1[,namespace1]] [EPR2[,namespace2]] ...
Here we provide a list of service EPRs. For each EPR, there is an optional namespace value. If the namespace is not provided, the command will get the wsdl by appending ?wsdl to the EPR and retrieve the namespace from the WSDL.

Thanks,
_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382
Inactive hide details for "Todd, John A" <John.Todd@xxxxxx>"Todd, John A" <John.Todd@xxxxxx>

          "Todd, John A" <John.Todd@xxxxxx>

          05/13/2008 10:01 AM

"Muldoon, William H" <William.Muldoon@xxxxxx>, Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

cc

Subject

RE: Solicitiing opinion

> “broker register <serviceEPR>”
We need to talk here about what exactly we are registering,
I think the intent is to be able to register datamanagers, and datamanagers can have multiple services.

We don’t want to register the individual services of the datamanagers, but the datamanager as a service group.

My initial thought had been to have a command that looked like this

> broker register <datamanager name> [service finder epr]
Use the service finder to get a list of datamanagers, and only register the one with that name.

And do something different I guess for non-cosmos datamanagers

- John