[cosmos-dev] RE: INPUT NEEDED: ER 218853 --- Core COSMOS Components

My definition of a data manager is:
A data manager exposes some operations of an application with a collection of web services.

If the product client is the (remote) API provided by the application, it is not a "COSMOS component". The COSMOS architecture does not enforce the use of "product clients". It's an implementation detail about how to turn the incoming SOAP message into a product API call. In some cases, the web service can query the data stores without using product APIs.

Since CMDBf is an important part of COSMOS, I suggest defining MDR and federating CMDB as well, and say they are data managers that support the CMDBf web services.

_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382
Inactive hide details for "Devine, John T" <John.Devine@xxxxxx>"Devine, John T" <John.Devine@xxxxxx>

          "Devine, John T" <John.Devine@xxxxxx>

          04/25/2008 11:42 AM

"Stratton, Paul" <Paul.Stratton@xxxxxx>, "Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>, Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Muldoon, William H" <William.Muldoon@xxxxxx>, "David Whiteman" <David_Whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx>

cc

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

RE: INPUT NEEDED: ER 218853 --- Core COSMOS Components

Agree with Paul, and other questions/suggestions below.

Jack