From: Sheldon Lee-Loy [mailto:sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2008 9:43 PM
To: Doma, Srinivas Reddy
Cc: Adivishnu, Kishore; Bathini, Raghuveer
Subject: Re: [cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) -
Statusupdate #1

Hi Srinivas,

Can you open a bug for the registration/deregistration problem. Note
that I never had this problem when I tested the demo. Not sure why
you're getting this error. Can you also provide the response from the
http://localhost:8080/COSMOSUI/json?service=org/eclipse/cosmos/internal/
dr/drs/service/outputter/DomainOutputter&query=initDM&nodeDecorator=org.
eclipse.cosmos.examples.dr.drs.service.outputter.NodeDecorator  request
in the bug

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610
 Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

				Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
				Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

				04/24/2008 11:39 AM

	Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

"Bathini, Raghuveer" <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>,
cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Adivishnu, Kishore"
<Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>, Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

Re: [cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) - Status
update #1

Sorry I got mixed up the ""Sample Repository with Registration" supports
the registration service. The other mdrs does not support the
registration service.

You should see the option to "register/deregister configuratoin items"
on the "Sample Repository with Registration" node. This is a bug.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy

 Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

					Sheldon
Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
				Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

					04/24/2008 11:30 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

"Bathini, Raghuveer" <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>,
cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Adivishnu, Kishore"
<Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>, Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

Re: [cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) - Status
update #1

Does the "Sample Repository with Registration" support registration
service? Hubert can you clearfy this?

If it does then the menu option should appear in the UI. It doesn't seem
like this is the case.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

					Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

				Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

					04/24/2008 11:18 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

"Bathini, Raghuveer" <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>,
cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Adivishnu, Kishore"
<Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>, Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

Re: [cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) - Status
update #1

You can query the "Sample Repository with Registration" using the
following query. It queries for "everything".

<s:query xmlns:s="http://cmdbf.org/schema/1-0-0/datamodel
<http://cmdbf.org/schema/1-0-0/datamodel> ">
<s:itemTemplate id="all-items">
<s:instanceIdConstraint>
<s:instanceId>
<s:mdrId>*</s:mdrId>
<s:localId>*</s:localId>
</s:instanceId>
</s:instanceIdConstraint>
</s:itemTemplate>

<s:relationshipTemplate id="all-relationships">
<s:sourceTemplate ref="all-items"/>
<s:targetTemplate ref="all-items"/>
</s:relationshipTemplate>
</s:query>

Sheldon, why did you say "The "Sample Repository with Registration" MDR
does not support the registration service therefore it does not have to
register/de-register configuration items menu option. You are seeing the
expected results. "?

I thought the "Sample Repository with Registration" is for demonstrating
the registration/deregistration services.

_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382
Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

					Sheldon
Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
				Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

					04/24/2008 11:08 AM

"Bathini, Raghuveer" <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>, "Adivishnu, Kishore"
<Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>

Subject

Re: [cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) - Status
update #1

Hi Srinivas,

Some comments on your test reports.

The "Sample Repository with Registration" MDR does not have meta data so
you are seeing the expected result.

The "Sample Repository with Registration" MDR does not support the
registration service therefore it does not have to register/de-register
configuration items menu option. You are seeing the expected results.

Huber or Ali, is there a sample query that can be sent to the "Sample
Repoistory with Registration" MDR?

The "Resource Repository" does not have meta data so you should see a
message saying something like "no service meta data available" when you
select the "View Metadata" option. What do you mean when you say that
the "Vew Metatdata" failed on the Resource Repository?

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610
"Doma, Srinivas Reddy" <SrinivasReddy.Doma@xxxxxx>

					"Doma, Srinivas Reddy"
<SrinivasReddy.Doma@xxxxxx>
				Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

					04/24/2008 09:20 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

"Bathini, Raghuveer" <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>, "Adivishnu, Kishore"
<Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>

Subject

[cosmos-dev] i10 QA Execution (COSMOS-1.0.0-200804201223) - Status
update #1

Hi,

Finally QA has started it's testing on i10 candidate build with a work
around solution for ER 228157 and has completed
following activities :

- End2End testing on windows XP, based on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i10
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i10>  instructions.

Test Status Summary & Issues:

1. COSMOS Web User Interface

A) Display of 7 Data Managers - Passed

B) StatDataManager
- server 33 tomcat1181829221515 CBE - Passed
- server 33 tomcat1181829221515 TomcatSet - Passed

C) LoggingDataManager
- access_log.cbe.xml - Passed
- windows_app_log.cbe.xml - Passed

D) Sample Repository with Registration - Failed
- No popup menu option to register/de-register configuration items
- "View Metadata" - No metadata is available
- "Submit Query..." - Not sure what to test with submit query over
here.. Don't find any sample queries to run

E) Sample Repository with Query
- "Get All Students" - Passed
- "Get All Teachers" - Passed
- "Get All Classes" - Passed
- "Staff01" - Passed
- "Staff02" - Passed
- "Submit Query..." - Passed
- "View Metadata" - Passed

F) Resource Repository
- "Submit Query..." - Passed
- "View Metadata" - Failed

G) AperiMdr
- "Submit Query..." - Passed
- "View Metadata" - Passed

Common Issues:
- IE is having problems with "Submit Query.." window and "Details view
window for XML Data", both the windows does not fit to the screen. This

problem is found with all Data Managers, where submit query is
available.

2. COSMOS Command Line Client
- "broker getDataManagers" - Passed
- "finddatamanagers epr" - Passed
- "broker registerAllDataManagers" - Passed
- "broker deregister host name" - Passed

Thanks,
cosmos-dev mailing list
cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx