From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hubert H Leung
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:18 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: RE: [cosmos-dev] Fw: Request approval for bug fixes

Hi Don,

In i10, a goal is to make sure the CMDBf request and response message comply to the standard, including the fault messages in case of exceptions. I need this bug fix to meet this expectation. (IBM adopters will beat me down if I don't fix it.) It won't affect QA activities because the QA team does not test exceptions and they don't look at the content of the SOAP messages.

I have test cases that look at the SOAP message across the wire. The code change is isolated to the way the fault message is created. It will only affect the cases when there are errors on the server. I will ask Sheldon to review my code to make sure it is a good fix.

Thanks,
_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382
Inactive hide details for "Ebright, Don" <Don.Ebright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Ebright, Don" <Don.Ebright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Ebright, Don" <Don.Ebright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/24/2008 05:42 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [cosmos-dev] Fw: Request approval for bug fixes

Hubert,

Sorry for the delayed response, but my mailbox was completely snowed under today to the point that I wasn't able to send any outgoing mail.

In general, I agree with Jimmy on 228498, 228441, and 228293 but I think that I disagree about 228449. We shouldn't commit anything that could jeapordize the QA schedule at this point so I would like to better understand the impact of not fixing this one and the nature of the risks before agreeing to proceed with 228449.

I also agree that the other four can wait. If anyone has a serious need for any of them, please speak up on the mailing list prior to noon tomorrow.

Don

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it
.
RE: [cosmos-dev] Fw: Request approval for bug fixes

MY $.02….

228498 – APPROVED
228449 – APPROVED
228441 – APPROVED