|[cosmos-dev] COSMOS Architecture questions...|
Hubert / All,
I am trying to capture your Architecture updates in the attached two slide PPT. I need this for the documentation ERs as well… In slide 1, I am trying to capture the COSMOS 1.0, i.e. current state…. Some questions:
1. Since the Domain / Broker are now merged, how should we represent this?
2. Should we call the Broker a “Data Broker”?
3. What do we do in regards to the WSDM EPR’s? Obviously, they need to go for now; do we need to replace them with something? I assume this depends on Hubert’s changes.
4. Do you still agree with the Data Adapter & Data Manager split? The Data Manager is the COSMOS “bridge” component; whereas the Data Adapter is the component that houses the product-specific business rules that apply to the data. The idea is to convey that the Data Manager does not communicate to a product store directly…
Don / Mark / All,
Through some of the early adopter discussion, the topic of our future state Architecture came up… In slide 2, I am trying to capture the post COSMOS 1.0, i.e. future state…. Some questions:
1. Please confirm that the Domain will return.
2. Will we support multiple instances of a given type of Broker?
3. Will we support different types of Brokers?
4. Will WSDM return? If so, will we address EACH Broker via its own EPR?
Please correct / update as appropriate, as this is purely my own SWAG at what things could look like in future.
P.S. Please note that several of my documentation ER’s require these answers…