[cosmos-dev] Proposal: swap Architecture Call and Community Call meetings

As you all know, we currently have the architecture call scheduled for Wednesdays at 10AM and the community call for Thursdays at 10AM.   On today's arch. call, I inadvertently brought up status issues that were best suited for the community call.   But it is also easy to see why this could happen.  On Wednesdays, that is our first opportunity in 6 days to get together as a community, and also the first following the weekly integration build.  It is natural to have a backlog of status and procedural topics that require immediate attention.  Given that it's also natural to discuss what we've done before we discuss what we're going to do, I think it would be more efficient and logical to have the community calls on Wednesdays and the architecture calls on Thursdays.

Architecture calls are often concerning long-term technical issues in thinking ahead, often to the next iteration.  Community calls typically are discussing short-term or immediate concerns.  For this reason, I don't think we risk the opposite problem of architecture topics creeping into the community calls if they were held on Wednesdays.

Of course the one thing this might cause a problem for is if the DC/DV teams couldn't also move their meetings to Thursdays, since the Wednesday meeting block is currently 2 hours.  But I don't see why we couldn't continue having DC/DV topics at 11am on Wednesdays, and architecture calls on Thursdays would be blocked off for 1 hour.

I know we've moved things around quite a bit in the past.  But given our new weekly process with the timing of integration builds, and just the general sequential flow of how we work, making the change seems to make a lot of sense.

To summarize the proposal, in "This Week in COSMOS" format:

Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET (1 hour) - SDD Call

Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET (1 hour) - Release Engineering Call

Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET (1 hour) - Resource Modeling Call

Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET (1 hour) - Community Call

Wednesdays or Thursdays (whichever is best), 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET (1 hours) - Data Collection and Data Visualization Call

Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET (1 hour) - Architecture

Thoughts?  Concerns?  Agree/disagree?

Thanks,

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Back to the top