[cosmos-dev] Silent downloads in code

In the cmdbf.services code, there is a local, approved version of the CMDBf schema used in validating incoming queries and registration requests.  The code looks for the schema file locally, and if it can't find it, will download the schema directly from the CMDBf spec site.   I believe that this silent download, while perhaps convenient for the user, is not a permitted practice.  I wrote that code, and will be removing it ASAP, but wanted to let everyone else know who might have similar code that opens a stream on a remote URL to consider whether what they are doing is permissible.

On a related legal note, here is a humorous pictorial diagram of the Eclipse legal process that even the legally challenged like myself should be able to understand:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/ip-process-in-cartoons.php

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Back to the top