From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doma, Srinivas Reddy
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:31 AM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: [cosmos-dev] IBM JRE for windows - Unable to install

Hi,

I have downloaded IBM JRE (ibm-java2-ibmpc-jre-50-win-i386.exe) for windows from http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/index.html and I am not

able to install this on my Dell Desktop PC (Intel P4 2.8GHz, 1 GB Ram, Windows XP SP2)

Can anyone let me know, how do we install IBM JRE for windows on non-IBM PC?

·       IBM 32-bit Runtime Environment for Windows
This is the IBM 32-bit Runtime Environment for Java 2 (JRE), Windows Edition. To be able to install this JRE your computer must be an IBM system, as shown by a BIOS check. It must also be running Microsoft Windows Me, 2000, or XP. Or it must be updated with the latest WMI classes if running an older Microsoft operating system. And, finally, you must have Administrator level access.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Back to the top