Re: [cosmos-dev] REVIEW REQUESTED TODAY: Code Cutoff for Weekly Integration Builds

Looks good, Tania.

One minor nit: "JUnits should be run individually so that results can be reported accurately."   Since we are not creating TPTP test results to be checked into CVS, I don't believe that statement applies to weekly integration builds.  I think that only applies to our end of iteration testing efforts.  I believe people should be able to run AllTests tests instead of having to run JUnits individually, since we are just giving verbal reporting of our results.

David

Tania N Makins/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/14/2008 01:51 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] REVIEW REQUESTED TODAY: Code Cutoff for Weekly        Integration Builds

Team,

Please review the process changes related to code cutoff for the weekly integration builds below and respond with comments or a +1 if you are in agreement by EOD today.

Weekly Integration Builds

  • Weekly integration builds will be run every Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. ET
  • Code cutoff for integration builds is as follows:
    • All patches should be in bugzilla by Monday at 12:00 p.m. ET
    • All code should be checked into CVS by 11:45 a.m. ET on Tuesday
    • CVS will be locked until the build has completed successfully (typically for 1 hour).  No code should be checked in from 11:45 a.m. on Tuesday until notification of build completion has been sent out.
    • Each subproject team should run JUnits on the candidate build and post results by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday to be reviewed during the architecture call. JUnits should be run individually so that results can be reported accurately. (Note: The Data Visualization team will perform a smoke test on the UI since the tests are manual)
    • RE team will post notification to cosmos-dev when the integration build is ready - target availability is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays

       Tania N. Makins, PMPĀ®
       Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
       IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
       Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
       tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx