[cosmos-dev] REVIEW & input requested - Bugzilla ER 216529

All,

I have made the following updates to the Design page for this ER 216529 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i9_Activities).  Please review and provide your input by either replying to this dev list or by updating the Talk page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:COSMOS_Design_216529

I did this in light of TWO goals:

·         Follow-up on items from the i8 autopsy we conducted this morning

·         Specifying in scope and out of scope items for the i9 QA phase, and its linkages to the Development and RE processes

PLEASE provide input, as we want to have a smoother i9 closure.

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

P.S. David / Ruth, I would be especially interested in your input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------From http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i9_Activities ---------------------------------------------------------------

In scope platforms, OS's & configurations

Because i9 is a compressed iteration, Windows will remain the primary OS, with a "smoke test" on Linux. i9 QA will cover the following configurations:

1.   One Management Domain and Broker running on one machine

2.   TBD MDRs running on TBD machines

3.   TBD Data Manager(s) running on TBD machines

In scope and out of scope QA activities at the ER and iteration level

For i9, QA will complete (and ***not*** complete) the following activities:

1.   QA will not be doing build-related tasks. They will commence the i9 test phase on February 25 with the following pre-requisites

1.  Since ER 215135 "JUnits Establish a process for running JUnits against a COSMOS build" will ***not*** be completed in i9, Development will run the JUnits against the weekly integration builds.

2.  The sub-team leads need to ensure that this stop gap activity happens in i9 until 215135 is completed sometime in i10.

3.  To reiterate, QA will commence the i9 testing phase with the KEY assumption that multiple weekly build have occurred, and ALL JUnits have been run against these weekly builds

2.   QA will verify that the JUnits or alternate testing mechanisms are in place for each of the i9 ERs listed above

1.  QA will ***not*** run the JUnits; they will simply verify that the JUnits have been run and this is documented in Bugzilla

2.  If any ER is missing the JUnits, QA will immediately punt the ER back to Development

3.   QA will run the end to end test as specified on http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_i9_e2e_testing

4.   QA will identify the platforms and configurations via Test Cases they will document below.

ISSUES:

1.   The weekly integration build will NOT be run on ALL platforms. They will run only on Windows. How do we address the lack of ongoing testing on additional platforms, i.e. Linux in i9?

Iteration QA Entrance and Exit Criteria

The following items need to be in place before the 2 week i9 QA phase can commence:

1.   A stable i9 build that has undergone multiple integration build during the course of the Development phase which ends on February 22, 2008

2.   http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_i9_e2e_testing is complete

The following items need to be in place before the 2 week i9 QA phase can be declared complete:

1.   All ERs should have JUnits in place. If JUnits are not applicable to a given ER, alternative verification means need to be specified. To reiterate, QA are not expected to run the JUnits. In i9, this activity will be completed as part of the weekly iteration builds. In i10, this will be fully automated once ER 215135 is completed.

2.   The e2e tests for i9 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_i9_e2e_testing) are run against the final i9 build

Back to the top