Re: [cosmos-dev] RE: QA i8 closure

Jimmy,

I looked over the doc Shivvy sent.  There are a few sections in red that we should review, but I don't think these are show stoppers.  We can address these in i9.
We need to verify with Hubert/Jagmit that the CVS is tagged for i8.  Once this is confirmed, CVS will be open.

Also, I'd like to get the that Shivvy put together cleaned up just a touch and out on the web site.  Specifically, numbers 6, 7, and 11 should include some explanation text.  Regarding 6 & 11, we could add:
"These tests are to verify that the COSMOS development team adheres to the coding conventions agreed upon by the project.  They require inspection of the code in an Eclipse environment, rather than a built system.  In addition, nonconformance to these tests does not necessarily result in a stop ship issues."

For 7, we could add:
"As a result of this defect, and given the typical deployment topologies that we have encountered for i8, a decision was made to move this to i9."

In fact, based on the above, we could, technically, remove this from the list because it was de-scoped.

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

[cosmos-dev] RE: QA i8 closure

Mohsin, Jimmy to: Cosmos Dev
01/28/08 01:24 AM

Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Hayes, Ian", "Parimi, Sridhar", "Adivishnu, Kishore"

Please respond to Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Shivvy,
Thanks for the update….

Tania,
May we now declare i9 formally & fully open?

Thanks,
Jimmy Mohsin
Cell   +1-609-635-1703