[cosmos-dev] Use cases for Federation...

Added the following to http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Use_Cases...

Some are perhaps requirements and NOT use cases; but this is totality of my brain dump from a Federation angle…

Use Case: Provide reconciliation taxonomy to manage assets across a multi-vendor-based enterprise

Use Case: Provide tooling / approach to identify name conflicts across the reconciliation taxonomy (I know, I know, ambitious)

Use Case: Provide reference implementations / guidelines for constructing an MDR for products that expose their data via ODBC or JDBC

Asking for this since MANY products are in this boat and do NOT have a Data Adapter of any kind...

Use Case: Support reference implementations for accessing File/DB2/Oracle/SQL Server - based MDRs running on Windows, Linux, and UNIX

Use Case: Reference implementation and approach for connecting multiple MDRs in an enterprise scattered across continents, and using different languages

Use Case: Provide programmer documentation and guidelines for integrating MDRs into COSMOS

Use Case: Performance of the Data Managers must result in performance that is within ??% of using the native Data Adapters

Use Case: Create a test suite to verify support of the above constructs and performance, on the above platforms and databases

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

Cell   +1-609-635-1703

Back to the top