Re: [cosmos-dev] Dependency issue?

I use Sun VM  1.5.0_11-b03, but I don't have this problem.

The problem seems to do with incompatible xml implementation versions.  I had similar problems when trying deploy MDRs outside eclipse.  Our code uses Java 5, which has an implementation of XML apis.  Muse code uses Xerces, which is also in the runtime environment.  So it's difficult to trace which implementation is used in different parts of the program.  In the Manifest files, I specify the xerces bundle as a dependency, hoping to force runtime to use the xerces implementation.

Can you check your OSGi profile to see if the xerces bundle is selected?

Also, take a look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Programming_Model#Running_MDR_within_eclispe.  Is it how you are creating the OSGi profile?

Regards,
_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382

Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/17/2007 02:42 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [cosmos-dev] Dependency issue?

Can you try
Sun JRE 1.5.0_13 since this is jre that COSMOS depends on.    This is stated on the build pages http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/downloads/?buildId=COSMOS-1.0.0-200706281537.  Talking with David is seems that JRE 1.5.0_13 fixed some parser problems they were having with JRE 1.5.0_12.

Also do you know what xerces jars you are loading in your classpath?  Wondering if you might be picking up different xerces jars.

Joel or Hubert what JRE are you running?  Wondering if you ran into this problem.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610

"Todd, John A" <John.Todd@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/12/2007 01:41 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Dependency issue?

Hi, I’m trying to start the i7 DC from eclipse using source I got from
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/cosmos/1.0.0/i7/cosmos_dc_i7.psf
I’m using JRE 1.5.0_11, but when I start OSGi I get

IncompatibleClassChangeError

at org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serializeNode(Unknown Source)

     at org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serialize(Unknown Source)

Is there a dependency on a specific JRE of 1.5 (Using SUN), or the bundle version where this xml method came from?

- John