[cosmos-dev] Muse Situation & Error framework...

Balan,

Per our conversation yesterday on the exception framework in COSMOS, we talked about leveraging the situation interface and object from Muse.  These are relatively simple constructs, and there were two primary advantage to re-using them:
First, we would avoid recreating a similar set of constructs in COSMOS.
Second, we would avoid "interface clashes".  That is, there are scenarios where the situation will be written to a log file or used as part of an exception.  Reusing the Muse code would allow us to reuse the serialization logic as well and we would not have to re-implement this code.

There are four packages that we need:
org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.events
org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.events.impl
org.apache.muse.util.messages
org.apache.muse.util.xml

Trolling through the situation object (org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.events.SimpleSituation) the toXML(...) methods depend on XmlUtils (org.apache.muse.util).  This introduces a dependency on the jar for xerxes.  In COSMOS, we decided that we would not use this particular jar.  I'd like to know if there is where we do not need to include this xalan.jar as part of Muse.  This would make consumption of these four packages easier.  Also, does it make sense for Muse to produce a Jar of just these four packages?

Thanks,
-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top