[cosmos-dev] Meeting on Thursday to go over i7 end-to-end test case

Title: Meeting on Thursday to go over i7 end-to-end test case

Paul,

Just had a call with Hubert and Sheldon  Some comments on the i7 e2e testing that Shivvy is trying to get going

1.      The completion date for the e2e test is November 23; however, this effectively means November 26 AM.

2.      Hubert and Sheldon will verify & validate the list of ERs Shivvy is looking at for i7 (ACTION: Shivvy, please do a reply all and send out that list PRIOR to this meeting tomorrow).

3.      Hubert and Sheldon have created a Wiki page that will address the following:

a.      Based on our conversation now, they will define some SIMPLE criteria for QA to say that the end to end i7 test is complete.  This is the info that Shivvy will use to say that the i7 build is good.  Please note the e2e testing will NOT necessarily be testing each i7 ER one by one; it will be a SIMPLER overall testing sequence that Hubert / Sheldon will define.

b.      The info needed to ensure that one has all the components needed to test the build

c.      Potentially some manual tests that Shivvy needs to do with i7

4.      Given the timing, we still need to determine if Shivvy should do the i7 build sign-off on a machine in India; OR if she should do this remotely on a US / UK machine.  If the latter is the case, which machine does Shivvy use? This item needs to be closed off in this meeting.

5.      As part of this exercise, Shivvy ALSO needs to document the issues that she sees in the current build process and how hand-off-to-QA is done.  For i8, we CLEARLY need to resolve this situation. This is a FUNDAMENTAL quality issue that Shivvy needs to clearly understand, define and ensure that it is addressed in i8.  This has implications for Adoptability, which is a KEY metric for M2.

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

Cell   +1-609-635-1703