[cosmos-dev] Management of Grid Resources.....

Greetings gEclipse Team....

I was recently working on some submissions for Eclipse Con for our COSMOS project.  I came across your entry (https://eclipsecon.greenmeetingsystems.com/submissions/view/99).
I noticed the bullet point about "Managing grid resources" and was wondering if there is potential synergy with COSMOS.

The main focus of the COSMOS project is standards based systems management.  Many of the constructs that we use expose themselves as WSDM resources.  It's been some time since I followed the grid work, but I thought at one point, some of the Grid work leveraged the WS-Resource Framework, which is a prerequisite for WSDM.  If this is the case, and the grid resource you create are WS-Resources, then, *in theory* COSMOS should be able to manage them.  If not, maybe there is some "low hanging fruit" that would quickly enable COSMOS to work with them.

I'm just thinking out loud so please let me know your thoughts when you get a chance....

Take care,
-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top