Re: [cosmos-dev] XML binding technologies

Thanks, Balan.

After I looked up JAXB, I remembered that I had already investigated it before.   This is what I had found in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAXB) :

JAXB is one of the APIs in the Java EE platform, and is part of the Java Web Services Development Pack (JWSDP). It is also one of the foundations for WSIT. JAXB is part of SE version 1.6.

We prereq SE version 1.5, so we don't have built-in access to JAXB.  Therefore to use it, it seems we would have to get approval to add another library prereqisite of JWSDP, or change our Java prereq to either EE version 1.5 or SE version 1.6.

David

Balan Subramanian/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/25/2007 11:25 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] XML binding technologies

Following up on our architecture meeting discussion on XML-Java transforms, I found this to be a good resource:
http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDataBinding.htm

We use XStream in Apache Muse but JAXB seems to be becoming the standard by virtue of being a JSR - it is an additional library though and it requires Java 5+

Balan Subramanian
Autonomic Computing, IBM, RTP, NC
919.543.0197 | bsubram@xxxxxxxxxx