Re: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS i6 Test Plan

I am trying to send my comments before the call so I'll just in-line my thoughts here ( I spent most of the time commenting on the other version and noticed the new one 20 minutes ago :)

- this document talks about a QA team who is responsible for updating this document ( testcase and test results update )
Is it expected that we'll have a QA team in COSMOS who will only be responsible for running testcases during test pass and creating testcases based on delta functionality ? Or is the QA team a generic name for whoever in the four projects will eventually be responsible for testing and creating testcases ?
Currently, the process is that every subproject is responsible for creating testcases on their new functionality and for testing their code ( plus some additional testcases that span the entire project, if required ). This is important for me to understand so that I know if I will be next responsible for producing and updating such QA documents

- I am not quite sure how the test results will be reported in this QA framework.
We already have a test results page where you see the testcases run, how many failed, defect opened as a result. Should we move away from this approach ? Or should we integrate this with the new QA document ( if yes, how  ) ?

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/27/2007 02:59 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Craddock, Chris" <Chris.Craddock@xxxxxx>
Subject
[cosmos-dev] COSMOS i6 Test Plan

All,

Per the request made in the Arch Call today, I have made the Test Plan more COSMOS i6 focused…

Tomorrow at 10:30am, we will review this, and add/delete sections as requested from your end.

Thanks,
Jimmy Mohsin
+1-609-635-1703[attachment "COSMOSi6TestPlan.doc" deleted by Valentina Popescu/Toronto/IBM] _______________________________________________
cosmos-dev mailing list