Re: [cosmos-dev] Re: COSMOS download page

Bjorn,

We'd be happy to change whatever we need (web, build, etc...) in order to be in compliance.
When we had this discussion, I thought we looked over the development guidelines but must have misinterpreted something along the way.  Upon re-reading them though they seem clear enough so I'm not sure where we got our wires crossed.....

We'll get this cleaned up.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/18/07 01:25 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Re: COSMOS download page

David and the rest of the COSMOS team,
I'm sitting on an airplane, catching up on my email reading, and I found this message.
Unfortunately, you may not use the 0.x naming for milestones. Under the Eclipse Development Process, 0.x (and N.x) naming is for official releases - releases that have been reviewed under the IP process and through a community Release Review. Interim milestones are named 0.xMy, e.g., 0.4M2 if you have complete milestone 2 working towards release 0.4 or 1.0M2 if you have completed milestone 2 working towards release 1.0.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to change your download page (and build system?) to conform with the Eclipse naming scheme. (It is important that we keep the semantic meaning of 0.x and N.x consistent for our larger Eclipse community - thanks.)

- Bjorn