Re: [cosmos-dev] Globalization considerations for the COSMOS DC

I think I need the definition of non-corporate components now :)

From a coding perspective ( Eclipse plugins ) it all adds up to separating the messages and labels from the code, and move them to a .properties plugin for further support of new languages. Eclipse platform has built in nl support so this is all you have to do to be able to run the tool on other languages.
There are other things to be considered for a full globalization support; for example, make sure that input widgets can be successfully used in BiDi or other formats. This is usually built in again with the Eclipse widget so unless you do something custom or create custom widgets, everything should work fine. There are a few things to be ware when coding for BiDi but I don't think it's necessary to go into this details now..

Your multi customer scenario looks interesting and tricky :) It depends.. if chinese characters are stored into an SML model for a resource name and then the same resource is used on an english locale it may fail to open. So we need to make sure that we avoid this type of usecases. We can talk more about this if this is a real concern and requirement

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4850

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/17/2007 02:36 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Globalization considerations for the COSMOS DC

Hi Valentina,

Yes, I did mean globalization support…..  And my question was more so from the perspective of the Management Domain / Broker / other non-corporate components.

Stated another way, what are the implementation implications for the non-corporate components? Is it as simple as isolating all messages/labels such that multiple languages may be supported further down the line?  Or is there more to it than that?

Another convoluted slant on the situation is this: what about a single COSMOS DC based solution supporting a MUTLI-country deployment at a SINGLE enterprise customer site?  In that case, do we say this is up to the corporate implementation to deal with?

Thanks,
Jimmy Mohsin
+1-609-635-1703