[cosmos-dev] Security in the COMOS DC

Dear All,

Not that I have been shy in creating enough trouble these days…. J Here is one more…

There is ONE more issue that we have touched on in the past, but it keeps coming back as part of our use case discussions: Security….

Some very raw thoughts / comments that have come up in this regard (advance warning: some of these questions are out there…):

  1. How should the COSMOS DC enforce security?  What specific architectural entities covered by security?
  2. Can I use my own existing SSO product in conjunction with the COSMOS DC framework?
  3. I will secure my Data Adapters; am I also supposed to secure the Data Managers?
  4. I assume that the COSMOS DC will secure the Management Domain and the Brokers, right?
  5. How will you prevent someone from putting a sniffer on a Data Manager?
  6. Does WS-Security apply (or not apply) to this effort?
  7. I may someday work with products from the competition via the COSMOS DC.  While I see the value in my product working in conjunction with my competitors’ at a customer site, how do I ensure that my critical / proprietary data does not get exposed?
  8. Should there be (an) enhancement request(s) for Security?

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

+1-609-635-1703

Back to the top