[cosmos-dev] Service Broker versus Data Broker - Introducing a "Service Manager" AND do we need a new enhancement request for this concept ?

Dear All,

For some of our event-centric use cases, the need for a Service Broker has been brought up and this concept has been discussed in several of our prior meetings.

As we all know, a Data Broker interacts with multiple Data Manager to fulfill data related requests.

What does / should a Service Broker interact with?  Will we call it a “Service Manager”?  At then end of the day, this is all about managing functional behavior (as opposed to Data Collection).

What will a Service Manager “look“like?  Are there any specific consideration we need to discuss for a Service Manager, a la those we discussed for a Data Manager?  Do we ALSO need to create an enhancement request for a “Service Manager” ?

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

+1-609-635-1703

Back to the top