RE: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS DC / MR 2 architecture - Management Domainversus Data / Service Brokers

I think this came up talking about failover though I can’t remember the specifics.

- John

From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mohsin, Jimmy
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:20 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS DC / MR 2 architecture - Management Domainversus Data / Service Brokers

John,

When you refer to the “multiple data brokers”, are you referring to multiple data brokers for the SAME data entity (if so, why would we do that and how would we manage this situation) ?

Or are you referring to multiple data brokers for DIFFERENT data entities?  In this case, the answer is simple: each Data Broker “knows” what Data Managers it can talk to, and there is no issues of a conflict.

Comments?

Jimmy