[cosmos-dev] Data Visualization (nee Data Reporting) BOF Paragraph

All,

For the EclipseCon BOF, the Data Reporting component team has prepared this "elevator pitch":

The COSMOS Data Visualization framework aims to provide value by building a standards based integration infrastructure that provides access to two dimensions of the COSMOS management architecture, COSMOS Data Collection and COSMOS Resource Modeling. COSMOS Data Visualization provides a well defined set of service interface types that facilitate the exploration of the COSMOS Resource Modeling's repository of models and the retrieval of the COSMOS Data Collection's repository of state, event, and performance information.

Notice that we want to break out of the reporting box, and refer to our capabilities as visualization. This let's us handle non-reporting componentry for user interfaces.

We would welcome feedback on this BOF paragraph, the wiki writeup which expands on the elevator pitch toward architecture and design, and our proposed change of name.

The Data Reporting Component's wiki page is:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CosmosDataReportingComponent

Thanks,
    Craig.

Craig Thomas, CTO and Chief Architect