[cosmos-dev] Demo Proposal Submission

All...

Here's the text that i'll submit for the demo at eclipse con.
Please take a quick look over it and reply with your comments.  Keep in mind that the demo is only 20 minutes long and we will have the opportunity to deliver only one clear message.

Please respond asap and I'll post since Monday is the deadline.

Thanks!

Title:  Using SML in Systems Management.

The objective of the demo is to present an overview of how technologies related to the Service Modeling Language (SML) can be used in systems management.  SML was created by the SML working group whose members are BEA, BMC, Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft and Sun (www.serviceml.org).  Its purpose is to standardize an XML based language usedto describe system resources in an IT environment.  It also includes a related specification used to share SML based documents, SML-IF (Interchange Format).

This presentation will demonstrate the framework being developed by the Eclipse COSMOS project.  We will show how information contained in SML-IF can be used to represent a topology of system resources.  The topology information will be used to drive a web based interface.

We will demonstrate how the COSMOS framework uses SML in the monitoring of system resources to provide a standard mechanism to connect the producers of information with its consumers.  SML will be used to describe the monitoring aspects of resources found in an IT system.  This will include resource topology and log file information.  Using this information, the COSMOS framework will drive a web interface that facilitates the navigation of the topology, and invocation of BIRT based reports.  During the demo, the resource information will be updated and the COSMOS framework will make this new monitoring information available.

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top