[corona-dev] FW: [equinox-dev] equinox standalone problem

[cross posting from equinox-dev]

-----Original Message-----
From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Murphree, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:30 PM
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [equinox-dev] equinox standalone problem

Greetings Karl,

When you supply a port for the console (osgi.console=####), or allow it
to use the default one with the -console switch, OSGi has something
other than the framework to start and run.  What you need is an OSGi
"application" which becomes the job for which OSGi was started.  The
Corona subproject has actually done this and provides an extension
mechanism for you to add your own.

Have a look here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Corona/GettingStarted/Platform
and here: http://www.eclipse.org/corona/.  Eventually, you'll want to
use the new runtime project.

Regards,

Michael Murphree
Michael.murphree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the
named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it,
or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify
us immediately and then destroy it.